Potterton Boiler Problems in Knaphill GU21
Potterton boiler problems in Knaphill are an expensive inconvenience at the best of times. The majority of Potterton boiler breakdowns occur during the cold winter months, when boilers – having been inactive for long periods – are forced back into life, essentially putting considerable strain on your central heating as it quickly increases its work during the winter.
While some common Potterton boiler problems can be addressed without the need to call in a heating engineer typically, others will require the services of a qualified and experienced professional. If in doubt, it’s always best to seek professional help from a reputable engineer in Knaphill.
Potterton boiler installation near me in Knaphill GU21
Green Plumbing & Heating provide the best local boiler services for customers in and around the Knaphill GU21 area. Not sure if we cover your area? No problem. Give us a call on 01483 369250 and we can advise you from there. We provide same day solutions for Potterton Boiler problems, repairs and faults.
Typical Boiler Problems
From weird noises to drips and leaks, Green Plumbing & Heating Services counts down the ten most common boiler problems we have in the Knaphill and you should look out for:
- No heat or hot water– potential causes include broken diaphragms and airlocks, failure of motorised valves, issues with the thermostat or low water levels.
- Leaking and dripping– a variety of issues could cause your boiler to leak water. It will depend on where the water is leaking from to determine the cause.
- Strange banging, whistling or gurgling noises– air in the system is a common cause, alternatively it could be that the water pressure is too low or it’s kettling. Pump failure, particularly in older systems, could also be responsible for strange banging noises.
- Pilot light goes out– could be a broken thermocouple which is removing the gas supply to the pilot light, a draught blowing the pilot light out or a deposit built up in the pilot light.
- Losing pressure– a water leak in the system is the most common reason for a loss of pressure. But it could also mean that the pressure relief valve needs replacing.
- Frozen condensate pipe– Thawing a frozen condensate pipe should ideally be done by a qualified engineer.
- Thermostatissues – if the thermostat is losing accuracy or turning the heating on/off when it’s not supposed to it might be time to invest in a newer, more energy efficient one.
- Kettling– hearing a strange rumbling noise? When lime scale builds up on your boiler’s heat exchange you get kettling.
- Radiators not getting hot– corroded pipework can cause sludge to gather in the system, preventing the free flow of hot water to the radiators. Chemically cleaning or flushing the system will remove these deposits.
- Boiler keeps switching itself off– could be low water pressure, a problem with the thermostat or a lack of water flow due to a closed valve, air or the pump not circulating the water in the system properly.
Arrange for your free boiler repair or replacement quote call 01483 369250.
Of course, if your boiler issues persist it might be time to invest in a new boiler. Arrange for your free no obligation boiler quote, call us on 01483 369250 and install a brand-new A rated boiler.
How our Knaphill Potterton Boiler Problems works
Get in touchOur qualified, professional advisors are happy to help with your boiler requirements. From simple repairs to faulty boilers and yearly servicing, we can help you.
Contact our Potterton Boiler Experts
Speak to our boiler engineers today on Knaphill. We can help you with all your boiler, central heating and boiler servicing requirements.
Why choose us?
- Fully insured boiler engineers
- Trained and experienced
- Gas Safe qualified companies
- Plumbing and heating engineers
- Experts in Potterton Boiler repairs
- Trusted and reliable service
- Years of experience
- Affordable boiler repairs
Frequently Asked Questions in Knaphill
Boiler manufacturers recommend an annual boiler service to ensure it is running efficiently and safely and to minimise the risk of unexpected boiler breakdowns.
Servicing your boiler can be conducted at any time during the year but we strongly recommend you have this valuable service done during the summer months to ensure your boiler is in peak condition for when you need it the most. If you do not have it serviced in the summer, it may not work when you turn it on in autumn or winter! Its best to avoid the winter rush and service your boiler in summer.
There are several reasons as to why this may be happening, the most common are water leaks or a faulty pressure release valve. Either way we can help. A regular boiler service picks up all these possible faults before they become too serious.
Yes, we are pleased to offer our customers fixed price boiler repairs on select makes and models.
Most boilers can be repaired no matter how old they are, however, boilers with the greatest chance of repair are usually under 6 years old due to the availability of patrs from the manufacturers and suppliers.
Getting a free boiler repair quote from us is easy. Simply contact us on 01483 369250 and we will be happy to give you a free no obligation quotation.
Yes, as Gas Safe registered engineers we can repair, service or install any make or model of gas boiler.